We Are Hiring: Recruitment Consultants
Position: Recruitment Consultant
Reports to: Regional Head
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Consultants role is to generate revenues in excess of their cost to the company and / or to meet pre-set targets of varying description.
Consultants work closely with colleagues to deliver complex, customized and multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. At this level, business development and client relationship management feature as an important focus of the role in addition to delivery. Individuals may major on either delivery or business development, or indeed have more of a mixed portfolio. Regardless of major, individuals will contribute to bids, and manage/lead relationships and/or projects of considerable complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment Consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse which involves but is not limited to:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies;
- Visiting clients to build and develop relationships;
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, plus their work culture and environment;
- Using social media to attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers;
- Headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in a place of work;
- Tracking of all business activities via SHC CRM system;
- Full management of the entire recruitment life cycle;
- Using both competency and behavioural based interviewing techniques in order to assess the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client;
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding of suitable applicants;
- Informing all candidates as to the results of their interviews;
- Negotiating pay / salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates;
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression;
- Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a revenue figure to be generated, business leads created or any other related activities;
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Sales and negotiation skills
• A goal-orientated approach to work
• The ability to handle multiple priorities
• Problem-solving ability
• Ambitious and determined to succeed
• The ability to meet deadlines and targets
• Confident and self-motivated
• Time management and organisational skills
• Team-working skills
• Creative and willing to learn
• Honest and trustworthy
• Develop and manage effective client relationships either as a member of an account team or by directly managing accounts including potential key accounts. Contribute to key accounts by project managing work streams and/or leading delivery teams.
• Lead research, analysis and interpretation on client / sector business issues, performance, client competitor performance etc. with a view to identifying possible opportunities. Look for ways to build new client relationships e.g. active networking, asking for referrals, partnering across Somerset House Consulting lines of business. Leverage insights to define, recommend and /or co-create strategic solutions for the clients.
• Contribute to winning profitable business by proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients. Assess the needs of large/complex clients, designing and delivering solutions to meet their needs.
• Deliver high quality work that meets or exceeds client expectations.
• Facilitate project teams by defining scope, objectives and project management structure ensuring a constant focus on outcomes. Plans for resource needs and implements plans to ensure consultants are developed to meet business needs. Leverage the expertise of internal industry or practice experts across the SHC business. Projects may span multiple service lines and would typically involve managing multiple consultants from other offices/countries. Typical timescales could be 6-12 months.
• Contribute to thought leadership and/or research. Where appropriate, speak at local or national events in own area of expertise to enhance the SHC brand. Develop relationships with industry and thought leaders externally to increase awareness and prestige of SHC.
• Support less experienced consultants through mentoring and project based development and coaching.
• Develop deeper expertise in at least one expertise area and become conversant in of all Somerset House Consulting offerings in order to draw on appropriate practice expertise to provide business solutions, including those that may require inter-service line approaches. Continue to deepen and broaden own consulting skills, business or sector understanding and expertise. Extend a strong internal brand and network of SHC consultants.
• Work with SHC industry leaders to develop and customize offerings within a service line and targeted at a particular industry.
Qualification and Experience
• Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus significant (c. 3 years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function. Alternatively, significant work experience (c. 3 years) in a relevant consulting environment.
• Is ideally recognised as a go-to person in a defined ‘major’ discipline and is able to scope, design and deliver non-standard solutions to meet client needs.
• Has an in-depth understanding of clients/industries supported and apply business offerings at the senior level.
• Has demonstrable track record in both working to and exceeding pre-agreed sales related targets.